Product Owner for Practio
Practio is looking for an experienced Product Owner with focus on software products and technologies to take responsibility for Practio’s core healthcare product, and lead a cross-functional team in the creation of an amazing product experience thereby ensuring customer satisfaction.
The global healthcare of today faces urgent challenges to safety, access and affordability. Practio is part of the solution as our technologies:
- Help citizens to get better access to medical care by enabling health professionals to see more patients – and by turning pharmacies into ‘points of care’.
- Help health professionals to increase patient safety by employing technology to avoid preventable medical errors.
- Help patients; insurance holders; and tax payers to make medical care more affordable by flipping digitization gains into lower fees.
Practio’s digital health platform enables pharmacies and its staff to become points of care increasing access to convenient healthcare. Today the platform supports immunisation services at community pharmacies under the brand sikkervaccination.dk. The platform has been rolled out nationwide in Denmark and will expand to other European countries in 2019 within other healthcare related services. In the coming years the platform will support a wide range of medical services as part of Practio’s vision of making healthcare more accessible, safe and affordable.
Founded in 2015 by MD Jonas Nilsen and business executive Mads Mikkelsen in Denmark, Practio has attracted investments from both private and corporate investors and the Danish Government. Today, we are more than 30 people across our offices in Denmark, Portugal and the UK.
The Practio culture
Practio builds on a strong set of values that guide the day-to-day behaviour and decisions of both employees and management. These values include Creating shared value, Shared Responsibility and Embracing bad ideas to get good ideas. The full value set will be discussed with Candidates at a personal interview.
As Product Owner at Practio you will be responsible for ensuring alignment between product development and the company’s strategic business goals. You will be accountable for continually evolving and improving the software development processes in close collaboration with medical, UX, and tech teams as well as their functional leads. Moreover, it will be your responsibility to optimize the value of the product and build competitor intelligence to sustain Practio’s growth momentum and enable Practio’s vision of making healthcare accessible and convenient for people.
As Product Owner you will be leading a cross-functional team of engineers, UX and designers who will collaborate on designing, building, and shipping an amazing product experience to Practio’s clients. Accordingly, it is important that you develop an in-depth understanding of the company’s users as well as business in order to prioritize work and make informed decisions. In addition, it will be your responsibility that products are defined based on a clear understanding of the value they deliver to the customers under diverse circumstances, applications, geographies and technical specifications that define the product. Moreover, you are expected to be able to maximize the value of the product created by the development teams thereby increasing both product quality and customer satisfaction.
As Product Owner you will responsible for:
- Plan, organize, drive and facilitate the development of solution concepts
- Build business cases both for individual products and overall solutions
- Clearly expressing Product Backlog items.
- Ordering the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions.
- Optimizing the value of the work of the UX and tech teams.
- Ensuring visibility, transparency and clarity of the Product Backlog to all, and making sure that the Product Backlog shows what the UX and tech teams will work on next.
- Ensuring that the UX and tech teams understand items in the Product Backlog to the level needed.
- Ensuring that the scope of deliveries is kept small, and that the company delivers in small batch sizes in quick iterations.
- Evaluating product progress.
- Continually evolving and improving the software development processes in close collaboration with medical, UX, and tech teams as well as their functional leads.
As the ideal candidate you have 3+ years of working experience in product management with focus on software products and technologies. You have a proven track record of building successful business products using data, customer feedback, and common sense. Moreover, you have profound experience creating product requirements and specifications, and your organizational and work structuring skills are exceptional. You understand both the technical and commercial drivers of complexity, and you know how to identify value drivers across products.
You communicate and disclose ideas and concepts effortlessly, and you have strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills. In addition, you are fluent in English – oral as well as written. You are proactive and structured, and you find it easy to engage your cross-functional team in building portfolio structure. To be successful in the role as Product Owner, you have strong logical and technical skills, as you need to understand and translate technical specifications into functionality and value, and you know how to work and communicate with technical functions. Moreover, it is considered a plus if you have experience from the medical or pharmaceutical industry.
As a person, you are extrovert, curious and open-minded, and you feel comfortable engaging different clients and stakeholders. You have a passion for identifying customer needs to develop and optimize product performance. Moreover, you are able to inspire teams and colleagues and encourage them to deliver what they thought impossible.
Thank you for your application. An e-mail will be sent to you shortly with a confirmation. We'll be in touch soon.