Head of Online Marketing for Labster
Labster is looking for an ambitious and passionate Head of Online Marketing who will be in charge of developing and implementing a global marketing strategy, driving campaign development with a hands-on approach, and who will play a key role in strategically expanding Labsters consumer business and their marketing team.
Labster is a rapidly growing tech company dedicated to the development of fully interactive learning simulations, with the aim of making science education both accessible and motivational for millions of students globally. We do this by uniting elements from the psychology of learning, with immersive 3D universes, engaging storytelling and scoring systems to stimulate a student’s natural curiosity, and highlight the real-world application of science.
Labster is currently working in close collaboration with over 150 leading universities in 25 countries, including MIT, Harvard and Imperial College, and has received more than 10m USD in grant funding for cutting edge R&D projects. Currently, Labster offers 55 different simulations, a number which steadily increases by approximately five new and exciting additions per month.
The Labster organization is flat, collaborative, and exploratory, and the environment is highly motivational. With its headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark, Labster has a diverse and engaged team with members spanning from Asia and Europe to North America, and a company culture that is laser focused on leadership, collaboration and integrity.
While historically Labster was mainly focused on subscription deals with universities and other educational institutes, moving forward our strategy is to add additional revenue streams through direct consumer sales of commercial off-the-shelf simulations.
As the new Head of Online Marketing you will be in charge of developing and implementing both Labster’s initial new global consumer offering as well as the global online marketing strategy. To that you will build the marketing team and drive campaign development and the execution of SEM and SEO processes with a hands-on approach. You will lead Labster’s online marketing efforts and your ambitions will drive the business success. Thus, you will play a vital role in the development Labster’s consumer go-to-market strategy and offering.
Specifically, you will be working hands-on with:
- Developing and executing on Labster’s new digital consumer offering
- Developing and executing Labster’s global and local SEM efforts on all well-known ad platforms (AdWords, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn etc.)
- Developing and implementing Labster’s global and local SEO projects
- Data analysis, identifying opportunities, forecasting traffic and revenue budget – and achieving these.
- Optimise investments and document ROI from search marketing activities.
- Collaborate closely with local stakeholders to integrate and insource search capabilities to Labster’s local teams.
- Ensure that the paid search strategy achieves Labster’s ambitious marketing objectives.
- Report on Online Marketing KPIs
- Empower and mentor your fellow team members to achieve maximum impact as a team
You have a relevant educational background in addition to at least 5 years of hands-on experience from working in similar positions in other international and digitally grounded companies. You are data-driven, used to agile working, and have a proven track record of driving and executing effective search and online marketing campaigns, and further, you have the requisite know-how to optimize the SEM initiatives via data exploration and analytics.
Furthermore, you know how to fuel insights with data. You love thinking about the ROI and are always looking for a way to improve it. Besides this, you are not afraid of technical details and terms like XML Sitemaps, tags, snippets, A/B testing are not foreign to you. As it will to a large extent be your responsibility to build a strong marketing team around you, (project) leadership experience is an advantage in the position.
Finally, since the corporate language is English, it is required that you speak and write English fluently. It is very important that you are purpose driven and that you share Labster’s vision and passion for creating solutions with a high social impact.
What’s in it for you
- Having responsibility and ownership from day one – autonomy for the win
- Building, leading, mentoring and developing a young team
- Getting up in the morning and knowing that you’ll work on something that helps people improve their lives – education
- Working with an intelligent group of co-workers that will inspire you to achieve more and have fun while doing it
- Developing your professional profile and learning a lot about leading and building a team
- Earning a competitive salary
- Working at a super nice office – The Rainmaking Loft in Copenhagen
If you want to know more about the job please contact Klaus Markholt-Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 2991 1037
Thank you for your application. An e-mail will be sent to you shortly with a confirmation. We'll be in touch soon.