Global Art Director for Arla Foods
Arla Foods is currently looking for an experienced Art Director, who will be operationally, strategically and aesthetically responsible for all their future digital marketing initiatives.
About Arla Foods
Arla Foods is the fifth-largest dairy company in the world and they want to develop their role as a global food company that adds value to people’s lives through natural nutrition and responsible operations. Globally Arla Foods focusses their activities on six regions in which they believe that Arla Foods has the greatest potential to grow a long-term profitable business for their farmer-owners.
Over the years, Arla Foods has built a strong position in Northern Europe where they today are the preferred dairy company for consumers, and in the Middle East, their brands are among the strongest in the food industry.
Arla Foods aims to continue building on these market position but also to develop their business in four other regions. Towards 2020, Arla Foods expects 50 per cent of their growth to come from Europe – the other 50 per cent will come from the regions outside Europe.
Are you driven to produce extraordinary thinking and digital craftsmanship of the highest level? Then this is your chance to lead the end-to-end creative processes as Global Art Director for Arla Foods.
Arla are building a team from scratch – giving you a unique chance to be part of the beginning and putting your mark on their tomorrow. The new division, which is seeing the light of day, is a Content Studio from where all future digital creative outlets will be developed.
Their ambition is to have the Content Studio handle all aspects of digital marketing – from setting the overall direction to executing film production and developing campaign toolkits, reactive media plans for hero campaigns and always-on, tactical campaigns. Your team will do it all, and you will be involved in all aspects.
“We are right now bringing digital media buying and content creation in-house to create an agile digital content model. To do this, we are establishing a Content Studio in Viby where we will work with digital marketing towards the Danish and international markets. As our Global Art Director (AD), you will play a central role in securing data-driven content across our brands and will be involved in every aspect of the creative processes – from initial idea to final launch,” says Thomas Heilskov, Director and Global Head of Digital.
As a creative lead and conceptual thinker, you will be responsible for securing that the Content Studio delivers consistent creative outputs, marketing concepts and communication objectives to Global Arla & Local Brand teams.
This entails leading the creative ideation processes and driving projects from A-Z in collaboration with Arla’s (future) Content Studio lead, project managers and other creatives.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
• Develop and manage Arla’s creative direction, best practices, style guides and activation guidelines in collaboration with Arla content and brand teams
• Communicate creative visions and translate insights and ideas into executable projects
• Provide creative direction and support to design team and others from the Content Studio
• Create new content pieces for both social media, app, toolkits, website and our e-commerce outlets
• Ensure correct direction and optimal energy across the design team and amongst the creative freelancers
You possess talent for conceptual thinking and knowledge of content publishers, brand development and multi-channel marketing, you dare challenge what others may take for granted and are able to think outside of the milk carton. You have a wide range of visual and technical abilities combined with a solid grounding in visual communication and principles of art direction, allowing you to take creative lead of processes and ensure that the correct images are captured and converted into perfectly executed digital, e-commerce or social media products.
Moreover, you have strong collaboration and communication skills that allow you to build strong professional relations and inspire those around you to pursue new ideas that engage consumers in new creative ways.
Moreover, the position requires:
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, perhaps as an art director (AD), creative director or similar.
• A proven track record of working closely with strategic planners and strategists, freelancers and external consultants as well as with styling, photography, moving image and post production and conducting best practice.
• Solid skills in creating presentations with Keynote or the like.
• Fluent in English.
• Preferably, a degree in arts, marketing/advertising or communications – although it is not a prerequisite
If you would like to know more about the position, feel free to contact Jesper Christiansen on or mobile +45 2020 3736
Thank you for your application. An e-mail will be sent to you shortly with a confirmation. We'll be in touch soon.