Director Operations for Designit
Hey, Director Operations!
You have passion and the power to inspire!
You make things happen!
You ensure our operational excellence!
Right now, in Designit Denmark (two offices, 120 people) we are building a strategy for the coming years. And building a new way of working, an operational model like no one else in the agency and consulting world. A project organisation that will utilise a true multi-disciplinary approach, a way of working build on design thinking and we are re-thinking the traditional focus on efficiency.
We need that extra person in DK management who bridges culture, business and people centricity – with a true re-imagine and re-think mind-set to help us accomplish our bold ambitions.
Besides building a true operating model for the future, you will also tap into our daily business – as described below.
What does it mean to be a Director Operations in Designit?
You are spectacular at what you do! You always have the overview, you lead the way, and enable everyone at the office to do what they do best. Your main responsibilities are:
Operations management and development
- Operations are the connectors between our company mission, projects and teams.
- “Own” Resource management, performance tracking and forecast and revenue.
- Drive process and platform development across the AAR and CPH.
- Ensure close cooperation with the global Operations team.
- Strengthen and rebuild Operations team.
Resource management (30 %)
- Overall “owner” of all the resources at the AAR and CPH offices, and have the overview of who’s doing what at all times.
- Lead the weekly Planning meeting with all Client and Project Owners.
- Make decisions on resource allocation, with input from MD, Client and Project Owners.
- Ensure everyone knows what to do every week.
- Help improve the individual utilization rates, reaching our defined targets.
- Collaborate with global operations team and similar roles at other offices to improve the total resource utilization across all offices.
- Responsible for exchange programs and resource mobility.
- Find and hire freelancers when needed.
Commercial development (20 %)
- Help define and implement local office strategy with MDs and other Directors.
- Lead 1-3 key local strategic initiatives, internally and externally.
- Participate in sales meetings when relevant.
People (30 %)
- Lead the DK Operations team based in both AAR and CPH – two Resource Managers and two Project Controllers.
- Lead, motivate and give constructive feedback to all employees – be an accessible, supportive and inspiring leader at the office.
- Support the Leads and ensure their professional and personal development in cooperation with local People Partner.
- Cooperate with the People Partner and local People Coordinator in implementation of People processes and tools.
- Responsible for employee well-being, together with MD, Leads and People team.
- Help define local growth plan, and recruitment needs.
Daily operations (20 %)
- Act as problem solver and decisive authority regarding all operational and organisational issues – in an open, constructive and positive way.
- Make sure we are running an efficient operation with high utilization and well-being, reaching our targets every quarter.
- Lead our internal team and make sure their performance is on time on target. Always in line with the overall strategy and direction of the offices and our business
- Working closely together with our financial team to track and tweak performance
- Refer to Regional Managing Director.
- Part of DK leadership team.
- Responsible for all support functions; Office Manager and staff interns.
- Lead weekly Planning meeting with all Client and Project Owners
- Lead monthly Lead meetings with all Lead Designers
- Co-lead (with MDs) monthly information meetings with all employees
- Participate in weekly global Operations meeting
- Participate in bi weekly local Sales meetings
- Participate in bi weekly local Financial status meetings
- Participate in monthly “Strategy for Breakfast” with all Directors
- Participate in quarterly agree/commit meetings
- Own regional and local “Operational Model” (with all processes and roles defined)
- Co-own (with Project Controllers) bi weekly financial status reports to MD
Your personal profile outrules everything…
In Designit we hire by a simple principle: Chemistry, chemistry and competence. Never the other way around.
Your personal profile is:
- Ability to rethink and take a clear stand based on experience and curiosity. Real interest in listen to learn.
- Focus on make it happen – never the organisational structure or hierarchy.
- Real team player. Passion.
If you are interested in or have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact Lars Holm Marcher on 24875531 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your application. An e-mail will be sent to you shortly with a confirmation. We'll be in touch soon.