Director of Strategy for Anthill Agency
We are seeking an experienced, innovative and ambitious Director of Strategy to lead the strategy team and expand the product and service line offering for Copenhagen based Anthill Agency. This is a great opportunity to work at the forefront of digital transformation with some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical brands, in a dynamic and fast-growing agency.
About Anthill Agency
Anthill Agency is a digital communications agency for the life science industry. Anthill provides complete digital marketing solutions for global pharma clients, such as digital- and communication strategy, connected multichannel communications, patient engagement applications, rep sales tools and conference activation. They create state-of-the- art digital communications matched with high levels of professional service for their clients around the world, enabling clients to maximize the quality, reach and effectiveness of their digital communications, through using a blend of creative content and digital technology to achieve understanding and enable action. At Anthill they believe that relevant, effective communication can be as valuable as the product itself – and is essential to generate the right treatment outcomes. In pharma, they have experience in more than 30 therapeutic areas and work at all stages of a product’s lifecycle. They work with more than 35 life science brands, including seven of the top 30 pharmaceutical products based on revenue. The team is comprised of many specialists – strategists, CRM experts, medical writers, copywriters, system architects, front-end developers, graphic designers, user experience experts, motion graphic designers, and sales team trainers. These people are led by a highly experienced management team who is searching for a Director of Strategy with great strategic and digital knowledge and knowhow to contribute to the fast growing organization’s commercial development.
The Director of Strategy will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and is primarily concerned with ensuring the commercial success of the strategy and insights service lines of the organization. The role will require a combination of highly-evolved strategic thinking and strong digital solution selling skills.
The Director of Strategy will take ownership of the strategy and insights product and service offering with a focus on digital transformation, strategic planning and multi-channel marketing, making sure that all relevant functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives.
The Director of Strategy will lead the strategy team in developing, presenting and executing on the strategy elements of a range of cross-functional projects that will enable the company to achieve its long-term objectives. He will act and think as a leader. He will align the strategy department’s values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission.
- Implement and achieve strategy department’s mission, goals and financial objectives. Develop long-term plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Ensure systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the department.
- Continuously identify potential challenges or optimization areas, do in-depth analysis, follow up with appropriate action planning, working closely in connection with all members of the Management Team.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel. Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel.
- Contribute to new sales and on-sales to ensure strategy revenue targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain initiatives in order to achieve up to date competitive analysis portfolio.
- Cultivate a culture of focused hard work and openness.
- Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators.
- Identify and develop new market opportunities for the company’s strategy & insights product portfolio.
- Develop and drive the pricing strategy of the strategy & insights offering.
- Develop and administer team development plans, which entice individuals to perform successfully against the objectives while respecting the budget.
- Elaborate a rolling three-year product roadmap in conjunction with the Product Council and lead its implementation.
You hold a pertinent master degree or MBA in business, marketing, digital or a similar area. You have developed experience from a similar strategic function at Executive Management and at least 10years of experience in an overall commercial/business function having held executive roles in recognized innovative agencies or organizations. This must include demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies. It is essential to further have experience working in a fast growth and decentralized environment, and working with a “performance based” dynamic in order to foster it within the team. Furthermore, you have developed capabilities to deal with issues on an international basis, with understanding of the European landscape (knowledge of the North American market would be a plus) and have the required knowhow to manage diverse and geographically remote teams.
- Astute business-oriented thinking: organizational awareness, understanding of commercial challenges and ability to develop business-oriented solutions
- Complex problem solving – brings a problem-solving mindset to any challenging situation.
- Dealing with uncertainty – able to manage situations of uncertainty and an ability to find a path forward
- Digital Aptitude – well-versed in digital topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure – ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- Agility – Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast growing organization.
- Communication – Demonstrated skills in both written and oral presentations (English).
As a person you have a strong problem solving mind-set to any challenging situation and an ability to comprehend digital topics and specialized information. It is central that you perform work accurately and thoroughly and that you can deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast growing organization. This entails that you are sturdy to working under pressure and deliver against set objectives. You are furthermore a strong communicator with demonstrated skills in both written and oral presentations (English) and hold strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal negotiation skills. You possess emphatic collaborative and leadership skills to point a direction for your team as well as supervise and manage multiple projects at the same time, with commitment to work with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams. And in addition to this, you hold the ability to efficiently interact with board members and serve on the Management Team. Finally, you are proactive, love to challenge the existing and passionate to use your digital aptitude as a commercial strength to make a difference for Anthill Agency.
Anthill Agency offers:
A unique opportunity to shape new level of engagement for Anthill as they are a fast-growing both in volume, in seniority of our customers and product sophistication. And to be part of an international team of 50 people and 15+ nationalities working from our headquarters in Copenhagen (English is both the official and social language in our offices).
If you want to know more about the job you can contact Klaus Markholt-Hansen on email: email@example.com or phone: +45 29911037
Thank you for your application. An e-mail will be sent to you shortly with a confirmation. We'll be in touch soon.