Director Marketing and On-Air Communication for Discovery
Discovery Networks Denmark a Danish media company behind the TV-channels Kanal 5, 6’eren, the Eurosport- and Discovery channels, as well as the streaming services Dplay and Eurosport player. With a total of 13 TV-channels, Discovery Networks Denmark’s sits on 20% of the commercial market share in Denmark, making them the second largest private TV-group. They deliver a strong combination of action-packed entertainment, engaging reporting and the best sport coverage including Premier League and Superligaen. Discovery Networks Denmark has a Danish management and is owned by Discovery Communications as a result of a series of acquisitions and launches dating back to the American launch of Discovery Channel in the US in 1985.
Reporting into the VP Nordic Marketing, this role is responsible for managing the Marketing and on-air department in Denmark. Leading the marketing efforts through strategy development, creative brand leadership and management of successful consumer marketing initiatives both on and off air. This means that you will become responsible for marketing for the entire Discovery Networks brand portfolio both OTT and linear.
- Develop an annual strategic marketing plan. Initiate all phases of the marketing, advertising and branding efforts to maximize the business and content objectives of the network.
- With the marketing and creative managers, ensure all on-air communications are integrated & follow a strategy to pay off unique brand/editorial promises.
- Create distinctive, cutting edge work to enhance the brand’s image and promotion through on-air and off-air channel efforts.
- Work with the team to create innovative promotions in traditional, non-traditional media and multi-platform environments.
- In collaboration with programming & research, create clearly defined network brands and portfolio strategy to support revenue, business and ratings goals.
- Actively co-develop innovative opportunities with programming and ad sales.
- Collaborate with various divisions within Discovery Networks family, in particular Nordic marketing directors.
- Integral member of communications team, defining ongoing priorities and contributing ideas outside of those solely in marketing.
- Overall management of on-air promotional airtime to ensure optimization.
- Identify, prioritize and manage third party strategic partnerships that have the potential for significant impact against marketing goals.
- Leverage the budget for optimal impact and ensure clear ROI on all marketing campaigns. Oversee budget tracking and allocations.
- Provide the critical thinking that questions the status quo to develop break-through marketing programs that will drive the channel’s awareness/ positioning and tune-in.
- Strong creative vision.
- Minimum 5 years of senior level marketing experience with increasing levels of responsibility within a media
- Team management experience.
- Exceptional track record of senior management-level experience in brand marketing and/or advertising /television/entertainment marketing.
- Previously worked within a matrix organization and/or global business.
- Understanding of non–traditional marketing platforms.
- Advertising and /or television management experience must include hands on involvement with advertising and creative development.
- Experience with media planning and management of on-air promotions team.
- Excellent presentation, writing and conceptual skills.
- Exceptional communication and collaborative skills, with the ability to build cross-functional relationships and translate business objectives into action.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Marketing or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
- Excellent English.
If you want to know more about the job please contact Jesper Christiansen at email@example.com or +45 2020 3736.
Thank you for your application. An e-mail will be sent to you shortly with a confirmation. We'll be in touch soon.