Commercial Manager for Eurosport Digital Denmark
We are looking for an ambitious and goal-oriented Commercial Manager for Eurosport Digital Danmark, who will become the key manager in charge of the Eurosport Digital business in Denmark. This includes delivering aggressive subscriber goals, owning the go-to-market strategy, and serving as the voice of the Danish customers.
As a Commercial Manager, you will work cross-functionally to drive both customer acquisition and retention, overseeing the digital pricing and packaging strategy, as well as the development of DK focused consumer value propositions. In partnership with the broader Eurosport team and local teams, you will also drive the development and management of revenue generating distribution partnerships. You will work across the ES Digital team to manage media buying and planning, events/sponsorship, partnership management, advertising, PR, social, research, analytics and brand marketing specific to the DK market.
The commercial manager will be based in Copenhagen and report to the VP of ES Digital for the Nordics. You will work in close collaboration with the Nordic ES Digital team, central ES digital teams, as well as with local management and staff.
- Acquisition, growth, retention and engagement of all consumers across multiple product sets for Eurosport.
- Manage the development and implementation of all acquisition and retention activities to support clear goals.
- Work closely with regional team members and Technical and Editorial central organizations to ensure that product and marketing functions are aligned to optimize revenue and subscriber growth and build a world class customer experience, including customer care management and dialogue.
- Increase awareness of ES Digital and ultimately drive subscriber growth and engagement.
- Work with key commercial stakeholders to ensure all plans and priorities for data and analytics are interpreted in actionable insights that drive commercial strategies and execution.
- Build and execute the local pricing, packaging and partnership strategy that will drive profitable growth in local markets. This includes setting direction, pricing and messaging for targeted customer acquisition and retention, CRM, digital and social media marketing campaigns, using an iterative, data-driven approach across the specific markets and sales channels, in close collaboration with the agency, product and marketing resources.
- Work closely with ES content teams to identify and manage key digital content partnerships that deliver new consumer segments, as well as existing products and right holders that strategically align with the ES product suite.
- Leverage data, analytics, and industry knowledge to identify new revenue opportunities for the business.
- Support key functions in identifying new business opportunities, using strong understanding of digital technology, platforms, and commercial opportunities.
Establish procedures to track and monitor marketing effectiveness and measure actual performance against planned performance.
- Degree level and 5-10 years of relevant work experience, building digital experiences, products and businesses.
- Extensive experience working in business-to-consumer (B2C) media companies with digital content. Familiarity with both subscription- and advertising-based business models.
- Deep understanding of, and strong success in, a business focused on the implementation of consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing tactics and plans.
- Extensive familiarity with using customer segmentation and data, test, target and measure marketing campaigns and advanced, innovative digital strategies.
- Experience managing and leveraging a CRM and data system to enhance a subscription and advertising business and more effectively communicate with and engage consumers.
- Proven experience in driving marketing and data organization, responsible for driving significant revenue impact.
- Strong stakeholder management and influence capability in order to connect with all stakeholders, to shape collective consensus and decision-making.
A motivated, energetic team-player, with a proven track record of identifying opportunities, delivering growth, and building relationships that will deliver quality experiences to consumers, grow the business and build digital- knowledge and expertise.
If you want to know more about the job, please contact Jesper Christiansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 2020 3736.
Discovery Networks Denmark is the Media Company behind channels like Kanal 5, 6eren, Eurosport and Discovery Channel as well as the streaming services Dplay and Eurosport Player. Our portfolio of 13 channels have a commercial share of app 20%, which makes Discovery Networks the second largest private TV group in Denmark. Across platforms viewers get a strong combination of action-packed entertainment, current affairs and first-class sports such as matches with the national soccer team, the national football league and Premier League. Discovery Networks Danmark has a Danish management group and is owned by Discovery Communications.
Thank you for your application. An e-mail will be sent to you shortly with a confirmation. We'll be in touch soon.