Backend Software Engineer for Mobiliya Technologies (a Quest Global company)
Do you get challenged to be better than you were the day before? Do you often dream of writing the perfect code? Do you take a keen interest in system architecture and have a passion for getting things done? Do you enjoy working across varied technical landscapes? Would you love to create experiences that impact the lives of millions of customers?
We are looking for a top-notch Software Engineer who sweats the small stuff and cares about impeccable code. If you see glitches as an enjoyable challenge rather than a hardship and if you are willing to put in hard work to see a project come to fruition, then we would like to hear from you!
As a back-end engineer you will develop critical software, expose core services, and enable new and sophisticated end user services that will be used by retail industry experts and millions of customers world-wide.
Our client is the industry leader in its category of business and is embarking on a massive digital transformation project that is challenging and full of new learnings.
- Build robust and scalable software
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Design and create services, microservices and system architecture for the projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve existing code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to the technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Write APIs and services used by other developers, including front-end and mobile application developers
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Software testing and QA (test scripts, and unit testing)
- Design new software by analysing requirements
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams
- Study system capabilities
- Write specifications and professional technical documentations and presentations
- Demonstrated experience with recent/current hands-on coding and software design
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that is extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Experience with Java
- Experience in developing Microservices or Business Services or APIs
- Understanding of Service Discovery, Inter-Service Communication, Service Deployment and Service Orchestration frameworks
- Experience with REST/SOAP, XML/JSON, Tomcat
- Master the Agile/Scrum development process, ideally with test-driven development and continuous integration/deployment CI/CD
- Great communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or comparable relevant experience
Preferred (Optional) Skills:
- Experience with C, C++ or C#
- Good knowledge and preferably a substantial hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, API Connect, Kafka in a cloud environmentExperience with DevOps
- Experience with DevOps
- Hands-on experience in Functional Reactive Programming (FRP)
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- QA skills in testing, scripting and test automation
- Project management skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies and approaches
- Readiness to work in a global team with contributors from different backgrounds, skills and locations
Holm Marcher & Co. Is handling the hiring process. If you want to know more about the position, please contact Lars Holm Marcher via e-mail; email@example.com or Anne-Sofie Majlund via e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your application. An e-mail will be sent to you shortly with a confirmation. We'll be in touch soon.